Monday, September 24, 2007

Reunion in Toulouse!


The week passed by pretty quickly, I finally got my schedule sorted out at school, and went to my first classes on Friday. I had art history in the morning, which was pretty cool, and then two hours of grammar right after that. I was surprised that I could follow along with everything pretty easily, although I definitely feel like I am behind most of the other people in my level in terms of grammar. Need to get to work on that soon!

Anyway, Friday night I went to practice and then just came home and chilled. Saturday was also pretty relaxed, I cleaned, studied some grammar and then helped my host family's little boy with his English homework. After that I got showered and pretty to go the Montpellier men's professional game against Trembley.

It was really fun to see the Montpellier game, especially since I had VIP floor seats! I could talk to the players on the court if I wanted to, I was so close. Thankfully Montpellier won the game, so it was exciting.

Sunday morning I woke up and decided to go to Toulouse to see my friends Megan and Kathy play against each other! The trip was pretty easy, 2 hours exactly (direct) by train, so that was nice. I arrived around 1pm, and Megan was there waiting.

Christian had come to watch the game also, so the three of us went in search of chicken kebabs for lunch. Yay Chicken! We walked through Toulouse downtown, which although it is cool and definitely a bigger city, I have to say that it is not as pretty as Montpellier!!

After we finished lunch, we took the metro to Megan's gym and watched the younger team play. Soon Kathy arrived with her team and we were sitting and talking and having a great time catching up.

It was funny to see the look on everyone's faces when we talked- I can imagine it would be the same if my teammates could see me with my friends talking in English- I talk 100 times more!

We had a really great time chatting and then Megan and Kathy started warming up with their teams.

As expected, Megan's team won the game (her team dropped down from the second division last year, but are trying to move up again so they are very serious), but both Megan and Kathy played fantastic games. I had fun cheering for both of them despite the bizarre looks from the people in the stands who couldn't figure out why I was cheering for both sides....in English!

After the game, the girls showered and the four of us went out to dinner downtown. I was sad to say goodbye to everyone, but happy that Kathy had decided to come back on the train with me to hang out for a few days!

It was a really fun weekend of handball and friends.

No comments: