Tuesday, August 21, 2007

When it rains, it pours

I can't believe my luck- I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, but it wasn't because of the training session, I have some kind of tonsilitis :(

I spent most of the day in bed trying to sleep it off, but the fever got worse and so did my sore throat! Quel dommage, vraiment.

I couldn't eat anything because my throat was killing me, and besides I didn't have an appetite. But regardless, I dragged myself out of bed at 5:45pm so I could get changed and make it to my second training session. I didn't want to be "that girl" who didn't show up on day 2 because I was already punking out of practices. What luck!

Despite feeling pretty crappy, I was happy to see Laurent and the girls. Instead of the lake, we met today at our brand new gym- named after our famous coach- the Laurent Puisegeur Salle de Sports. I love it, and it also has a giant picture of him playing handball on the outside. They just finished it a few weeks ago, so it is brand new and gorgeous!!! This will be our home gym, and I am very excited about that. It even has that new smell right now.

We spent the first 30 minutes running around a soccer/rugby field outside. We were doing intervals across the field, and it was exhausting. It started to rain about 10 minutes in, and at 30 minutes it was raining so hard that Laurent called us off so we wouldn't catch our death of cold (too late?) or hurt ourselves. The temperature was also dropping down so we were shaking when we finally made it back to the gym.

Lucky for us, Laurent had a bunch of extra t-shirts lying around so we could all change. I think we were supposed to do some lifting today, but that did happen and we ended up doing running and ball manipulation inside the gym instead.

The good news is, I survived...and I didn't get passed by any of the goalies on the running :) Small victories.

Tomorrow I am going to try to figure out how I can get my "Securite Sociale" so I can see a doctor if I need to. I hope it will be a breeze, but knowing France and their love of beaurocracy, it probably won't be a simple process. We'll see!!

No comments: