Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sidenote: European Shorts!

Handball players love short shorts- and most of them are tall and skinny enough that they look good in them. Even what I would consider to be "normal" shorts by American standards, are wayyyyyy too long for the Europeans. Its a good thing they never saw the practice shorts we used for the US National Team, because I think they would die before they put on a pair of shorts that went to their knees!

I thought it was really hilarious at the game last night when they emptied the uniform bag and there were fights over the small and medium shorts. Even the girls who are 5'10-5'11 were taking people out trying to get their hands on an "M." And even girls my size (5'7"-5'8") clearly thought than anything bigger than an "S" would mean the end of the world. I'm not even sure if I can get one leg in an "S"!

So, at the end of the craziness was a pile of larges, which I gladly took, and which still felt short and tight to me! But I guess in the future if I want to look more European, I'm going to have to throw myself into the ring so I too can fish out a medium :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well atleast you had sizes! our jerseys were all the same 'JR' size and while the little tiny girls looked cute, i had to stretch the thing out to get it on. its tragic and i am mortified the shorts will be the same and/or worse bc of the predilection for small shorts. how do you say "special order" in french?