Wednesday, April 30, 2008

FROST!!!!!

Since I was 8, I dreamed of becoming an American Gladiator. My brother and I used to watch that show every Friday evening while my parents were getting ready to go out (it was their weekly "date night" which meant my brother and I could sit in front of the tv all night eating pizza/spaghetti-Os and convincing the babysitters that our parents usually let us drink cokes and eat oreos in the living room).

For years, American Gladiator re-enactments took place in various locations including the rec room (Assault= shooting my brother with a nerf gun while hiding/jumping around furniture), the backyard (Power Ball= running around the yard with various balls while trying to avoid being tackled by the other), the playground (Hang Tough= fighting on the monkey bars, which resulted in many of my classmates broken arms in 5th grade), and any location good for some jousting with sticks or general wrestling.

So, now that the show has been resurrected by NBC, my childhood dream has been rekindled. It is my destiny to be on this show! Plus, I could totally rock one of those gladiator costumes, although I wonder if the TV producers would insist that I have a fake tan.

Sadly, I missed the Season 2 casting calls that took place earlier this year, but now I have time to get myself ready for Feb. 2009! Season 3, I'm going to dominate.

To get myself physically prepared, I have consulted the following website with helpful tips on gladiator training:
http://www.how2blogger.com/2007/12/06/how-to-train-for-american-gladiators/

I will also be recruiting my brother to spend the summer throwing tennis balls at me while I run around the park, and will maybe recruit the neighbors kids to hang on my legs while I try to cross the monkey bars. Not sure where I can find one of those giant hamster balls, but that will be on my summer to-do list too.

Any other training advice? What about my gladiator name? I'm thinking "Frost"- cold and deadly, she'll sneak up on you and cause you to lose your appendages if you're not prepared!!!!!!

No comments: